Mediterranean food is some of the best. Luckily most things like hummus, tahini, and baba ghanoush are vegan friendly. Tzatziki, which happens to be my favorite, seemed like something I was going to have to learn to live without. This vegan tzatziki recipe is amazing and convinced me that maybe old favorites are not gone for good.
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Silken tofu
- vegan sour cream
- Lemon Juice
- White wine vinegar
- 12 oz of firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber seeded and grated
- 1 tbsp of chopped dill
- In a blender/food processor blend silken tofu, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt.
- When creamy, add chopped garlic and oil. Blend again.
- Taste, add pepper to taste and more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber between hands. (Squeeze out as much water as possible.).
- Add cucumber (and herbs, if using) to tofu dip, and stir to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hours.
And it is that simple. The longer this sits in the fridge the more these flavors permeate your tzatziki sauce. I eat this with crackers and now my falafel wraps are exactly how I remember them. Let me know what you think and enjoy! Thanks.